I treat people, not clients. Each person is an individual, I therefore never ‘pigeon hole’ a person to suit the therapy. Instead I work from an eclectic standpoint, drawing on a number of disciplines to best suit the needs of the person. These approaches include psychoanalysis, person centred counselling, family / systemic therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy
Within my private practice I provide therapy to children, adults, couples and family groups.
I am a Provider for for the following health insurers:
BUPA WPA PruHealth AVIVA Cigna Standard Life Benenden
I have also worked with a major London bus company providing drivers with therapy following accidents, fatalities, work related issues and family problems.
Additionally I am an Expert Witness for legal cases (Tier 1) having taken instruction from Simpson Miller, Barker Austin, IEQD and Fentons and can provide services as a Critical Incident Manager.
Prior to my work as a therapist I was as a Teacher and later a Child Protection Officer.
• DPhil: Counselling Research
• MPhil: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• MSc: Psychosexual Psychotherapy
• Bachelor of Education
• Post Graduate Diploma (distinction): Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
• Membership of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
• British Association Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies ( BABCP)
• Society of Expert Witnesses (SEW) Tier 1
• Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL Tier 1)
• COSRT Senior accredited therapist College of Sexual and relationship therapists)
These are some of the areas of counselling and psychotherapy I work with.
If you would like to discuss your issue, whatever it relates to, please get in touch. by phone or email
so that you can decide if I am the right person to help you.
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Avoidant Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder Bullying
Child Related Issues
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME
Cross Cultural Relationships
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Pregnancy and Birth
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Separation and Divorce
Work Related Stress